Trying to catch up with an ever-shifting food model, Freshly needed a reliable partner to professionally execute their new vision. Already familiar with a high level of iTechArt’s software development services, Freshly teamed up with us to overcome a number of web-related challenges:
- Upgrade checkout flow, including the development of all key subscription sales funnel components
- Modernize the Wordpress-based solution
- Develop an intuitive and responsive user interface for a core web application
- Automate the mobile testing process
iTechArt has scaled the team from six to ten engineers who are responsible for the following tasks:
- Assistance with development and support of a Wordpress-based website now and a single page application later. The latter encompasses delivering a persuasive and highly likely-to-convert interface for the checkout page.
- UI development using Backbone.js and Marionette to freshen up the overall look of the application and increase user loyalty.
- Migration of the SPA to a Rails-based application, which dramatically increased website loading speed. Ruby on Rails made it possible to create admin forms with a single tag instead of countless lines of code.
- We also managed to migrate massive amounts of data to a custom PostgreSQL database, thereby facilitating a smooth transition from one system to another.
- Payment systems integration (Stripe, Braintree) and subscribers’ experience optimization, including running multiple A/B tests of the user interface. This guaranteed a better conversion rate and significant sales increase.
- System transition from monolithic application to a microservices-based architecture on the cloud platform.
To date, iTechArt continues to strengthen our relationship with the client. We are proud to be helping Freshly rack up daily five-star user reviews by improving the solution and adding even more relevant features.
Frontend: Angular, Backbone.js + Marionette, Bootstrap, React
Backend: Ruby on Rails, Redis, PHP, PostgreSQL, Wordpress
Platforms: Heroku, GCP
Integrations: Stripe, Braintree, Segment.io, Amplitude