Dermatology patients are often unaware of their options when it comes to getting the best care at the best price. New York-based startup Keeps is changing this situation with a platform that helps prevent and treat male pattern baldness in a cheaper and more convenient way.
The Client needed a reliable technology partner to deliver a robust web application. The previous vendor failed to satisfy development needs, so Keeps turned to iTechArt to get the needed functionality faster and at scale. iTechArt’s engineers worked as a part of the Keeps distributed team.
The success of the solution sparked interest in making two similar products. As iTechArt proved to be a custom software development company with solid engineering expertise, the Client re-teamed with us for these sub-projects.
iTechArt’s development team was tasked with the following challenges:
- Build a framework that allows deploying similar sub-projects.
- Suggest and implement a series of performance improvements to enable a seamless digital experience.
Applying our solid web engineering experience, the iTechArt team delivered a platform that immediately connects users with licensed physicians who prescribe a unique treatment plan of FDA-approved products.
Throughout the web development stage, the iTechArt team was to complete a range of assignments:
- Performance optimization
- Migrate existing API from REST to GraphQL
- Move from Angularjs to React and TypeScript
- Integrate GraphQL types and client-side codebase
- Enrich website functionality with a fully-typed Quiz framework
- Implement custom Apollo links
- Organize multi-page transitions as state machines
- Implement a self-hosted subscriptions system
- Manage AWS infrastructure with Terraform
- Create a developer-friendly mechanism for building dynamic staging environments
- Set up Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment for a web application
The Client highly appreciated iTechArt’s contribution to the project. Our dedicated team continues to perfect the solution in preparation for the next product called New Co.
Backend: Ruby on Rails, GraphQL
Other technologies: AWS, Stripe, PostgreSQL, Redis, CircleCI, Terraform