Moved, one of the key players of the US moving industry, introduced an application that handles all the frustrating parts of a move or relocation: selling or donating goods, buying packing supplies, finding storage services, and hiring movers.
Moved was looking for an experienced long-term technological partner who could evolve such a full-featured functionality and help them supercharge the moving industry with new advanced on-demand services.
The company was unhappy with the previous vendor due to an unstable API and improper choice of development platform. With extensive expertise in web and mobile development, iTechArt joined the project to nail the following tasks:
- Suggest and implement performance improvements
- Accelerate product development
- Migrate the existing iOS application to React Native
The iTechArt team made a series of critical improvements touching on every aspect of the development process. The project scope comprised:
- Performance and security revision of the active API
- Migrating the API to Django while keeping backward compatibility
- Revamping the existing API of vendor dashboard to enhance performance, stability, and scalability
- Introducing a new richly-documented, public-facing Channel Partners API
- Setting up Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment for a cross-platform mobile application
- Migrating an iOS application to React Native while elaborating new design and features
iTechArt is still collaborating with Moved and continues to enrich the solution with new features and enhancements.
Backend: Python 3, Node.js, Django, Flask, Potion, PostgreSQL, Redis
Mobile: React Native
Other technologies: AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS S3, Stripe, PubNubSub, Mailgun, Affirm, Twilio, BugSnag, Prismic, Periscope, Slack, Asana